DoomOnly Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embers Of Armageddon

Go down

Embers Of Armageddon Empty Embers Of Armageddon

Post by DoomKrakken Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:35 pm

Embers Of Armageddon EOA_Logo
At long last, I am ready to share this mod with you guys and the world!

I am excited to announce the official public release of Embers Of Armageddon: a 2016-to-Doom partial conversion that attempts to faithfully recreate the weapons, items, combat mechanics, and upgrade systems of DOOM (2016) in GZDoom!

This mod is compatible with GZDoom 4.5.0 or later.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Code-only download (includes only the EOA Code.pk3 file for code-only updates).

Link to the official Embers Of Armageddon Discord Server, to keep up with the latest updates!*

Also hit me up on ModDB, if you'd like!

Originally intended to be a proof-of-concept to recreate various challenges, upgrade effects, and upgrade systems of DOOM (2016), it became its very own fleshed out partial-conversion.  Over the past few years, ever since DOOM (2016) was released, I had been carefully observing behaviors for the weapons, items, combat mechanics, and upgrade systems of DOOM (2016).  I saw that others decided to make their own DOOM demakes, only to add many of their own liberties and critiques on the game itself to their mods.  I held that it was not only possible to faithfully recreate these aspects in a sourceport engine, but it would actually work and work well on its own.

And that was how the project was born! Very Happy

I'm indebted to various members hailing from all walks of the Doom modding community.  Having showed others my project, many wanted to help with it in any way they could.  I am blessed to have gathered such a wonderful team of fellow fans!

Special thanks to my Godsends:
- Strongbelly
- Bryina
- Abysswalker
- Clay
- Simploo
- ScrubHead
- BerserkerNoir
- Major Cooke
- iamcarrotmaster
... and hopefully more to come in the future!

Also a shoutout to my various private alpha and public beta testers for helping me to improve the mod even to this day!

With that said... sit back, relax, and enjoy the mod! Wink

All credits are listed in CREDITS.txt, in the .pk3 file.  If any are missing, please let me know as soon as possible, so that I may remedy the error(s) as soon as possible.

*Note: the Discord server keeps newcomers in a welcome room until they announce themselves (much like the ZDoom Forums Discord Server), so that I or my moderators, having verified their humanity, can manually assign newcomers a role to grant them access to the rest of the Discord.

Important controls to bind:
Screenshots:
Gameplay Demos:

Last edited by DoomKrakken on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update.)

DoomKrakken

Back to top Go down

Embers Of Armageddon Empty Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Post by DoomKrakken Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:25 am

EOA v1.9 has been released!  Download from the main page!

Changelog:

DoomKrakken

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum